Friday 5 November 2010

Genre Analysis

From all of my analysis of genre's I have learnt numerous things that I need to include when making my film.
One of these things is that I must make sure that the mise-en-scene in the film is representative of the themes that run throughout. For example, I have decided to make my genre horror/thriller. I will be using dark lighting with subdued colours; giving the scene a grainy effect.
The use of costume to show effect and personality is something which I have learnt from my genre analysis. The costume needs to represent the characters personality; smart, casual, relaxed, confident, eccentric. All of these personalities and more can be shown simply by the costume that they are wearing. There is a similar idea for the set. Characters homes have to show what their personality is like, or, if it is not a home, the scene will have to let the audience know what the film is about and the themes that run in the film.
Overall, I have learnt from my genre analysis that the genre of the film can be, and needs to be, represented in numerous ways: mise-en-scene (particually lighting and colour, as these set the mood of the film), costume, setting and more. These all contribute to setting the tone of the film, and if I follow these rules it will make it seem realistic and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment