Tuesday 8 February 2011

Audience Research

I asked several of my peers what they expect when seeing a physchological thriller film, and here are their responses:


"I expect the atmosphere of a film in this genre to be quite dark, gloomy, mysterious. So that you never know what is coming round the corner. A setting which puts the audience on edge when they are watching the film."
-Hannah Emery
"To be thrilled. To be kept in suspense throughout the film which leads to a climatic sequence. It is important, however, not to reveal too much about the film. Keep the audience guessing."
- Abi Jones

"What I expect from a physchological thriller film is to be quite scared when watching the film. I expect it to convey fear through suggestion as opposed to through obvious monsters, as this plays on your mind more."
- Charlie Gower

"High-paced music which creates tension within the audience."
- Edward Stow
"I expect a reasonable amount of gore which is unsettling for the audience to watch. However, in many films which I have watched there are more references to gore, instead of it being blatant. I think that this would be more effective for your film."
- Jess Oxley
"I expect there to be a villain which is quite mysterious, and who has a motive for his actions. It should also be amed at a target audience of 18-30 year olds."
- Miranda Amess

Above are some key words which have been included in our audience research.


No comments:

Post a Comment