Thursday 5 May 2011

Feedback for Branded


Above is a screenshot of the link to our Media film on my Facebook wall. As seen from the comments and the amount of likes, people seemed to have a positive view on our footage.

I showed the film to some individuals and asked them for their opinions, and these were their responses:

Hannah Emery
I enjoyed watching your film opening, as it created alot of questions and made me want to see the rest of the film. I found that the lighting in your film was very effective, as it created the tone of the rest of the film instantly. I liked the location you chose for filming, as it seemed quite remote. However, I think it would have been good for the audience to see more of your character.

Edward Stow
Your film definately made me want to find out what happened next in your story. I like the newspaper cuttings and pictures, and how quick the pacing of the editing was. But I think that perhaps you could have made the news report a bit shorter, as it could make people get bored of long dialogue.

Miranda Amess

I thought that your film was very interesting! The mise-en-scene and set design was very well done; I particularly liked the panning shot of the tools on the desk, it really gives an insight into how violent the main character in your film is. I like how the character was mysterious, as the audience did not really see much of him. The effort that you put into your filming is evident, as the film looks professional and well-put together. I can't really think of anything you can improve on!

Conclusion
Overall, I am very pleased with how our media film turned out. I am pleased that we had to refilm it numerous times, as it means that each time we improved the quality of our footage until we were happy with the final product. The music, cinematography, editing, lighting, set design and colour all work together to create one opening with great effects both visually and audibly. I am very pleased with the consumer reaction to our media project, as it proved to be very popular. We put alot of effort into this product, researching the type of people which would want to go and see it; what kind of production company would distribute it and what to include to appeal to our target audience. Taking all of these different views on board, we created our film, which I feel targeted it's audience effectively. We ensured to stick true to our chosen genre, and include various mise-en-scene and prop elements to show this to the audience, as it needs to be clear what kind of film we are making. We also ensured that we had to create a whole story to the film, despite only creating the opening, to add a sense of realism, which I feel we did so effectively. We also all worked well as a group together, all helping each other at various stages throughout the production of Branded.

No comments:

Post a Comment